Maximize digital marketing exposure, community and content management, communications, and PR opportunities to achieve greater ROI and sales for my employer or clients.
Founder – MyNonGMOBox.com
October 2014 – Present
- Successfully launched startup Ecommerce company in January, 2015.
- Acquired thousands of prospective leads with a very small marketing budget.
- Successfully negotiated partnerships with various brands in the natural products industry.
- Successfully negotiated partnerships with influencers to increase brand awareness.
- Developed effective sales, procurement, production, shipping, inventory, and customer service systems to establish a highly-efficient business model.
Social Media Marketing Educator at Whatcom Community College (community education)
September 2011 – Present
- Educating local business owners and professionals on the benefits of using social media marketing for their business.
- Sharing tips and tricks to make social media marketing planning and implementation a painless and simple process both in and out of the office.
- Focus on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram, location based social networking sites, “Social SEO”, and blogging.
Digital Marketing Contractor – Red Rokk Digital Marketing
March, 2015 – May 2015
- Managed social media initiatives for Red Rokk’s clients.
- Motivated forum communities to engage with brands.
- Created successful social media campaigns for clients.
- Managed and mentored digital marketing intern.
Social Media Contractor – Click Monster
January, 2015 – March 2015
- Managed social media initiatives for Click Monster’s clients.
- Helped facilitate a winning social media program for Click Monster.
- Helped to develop customized digital marketing campaigns for clients.
Director of Social Media – Barlean’s
May 2012 – May 2014
- Managed Barlean’s social media initiatives: Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Developed digital communications strategies across product and service lines.
- Identified revenue opportunities through social media channels.
- Worked with marketing team to develop effective digital customer relationship strategies.
- Enlisted Barlean’s employees as brand advocates via social media initiatives.
- Created initiatives to integrate social media marketing with existing marketing activities.
- Enhanced brand awareness and reputation via social media activities.
- Engaged potential customers via various social networks and forums.
Digital Media Specialist – Barlean’s
September 2009 – May 2012
- Coordinated and implemented multiple social media campaigns.
- Monitored and replied to social commentary via social media channels.
- Encouraged bloggers, influencers and “fans” to engage with Barlean’s brand online.
- Audio and video editing and production and image manipulation.
Account Manager – Barlean’s
April 2005 – May 2012
- Business to business sales and customer service representation.
- Ensured customer satisfaction through marketing recommendations, education, and effective product placement.
- Managed specific accounts with over $500,000 in annual sales.
Purchasing Agent – Barlean’s
March 2006 – January 2007
- Responsible for ensuring that product ingredients, materials, equipment, and supplies were ordered and delivered in a timely manner.
- Preparation of purchase requisitions, transportation and delivery documents, and related letters or memos.
- Validated and chose vendors, maintain records, and handle returned goods.
- Completed reports relating to purchasing activities and costs and relayed critical information to appropriate personnel.
Western Washington University
B.A., Marketing, 1998 – 2004
West Valley High School
High School Diploma, 1994 – 1998
Natural Products Expo West
- 5-time annual attendee of the world’s largest natural products expo.
Social Media Conference NW
- Winner of “Social Media Rock Star” award for production and distribution of a specific corporate video for Barlean’s.
Bellingham Pitch Fest
- Winner of 5-minute pitch competition with live audience and professional judges.
‘90’s music’ cover band
2012 – Present
- Vocals, rhythm guitar, drums.
- 100+ song catalog.
- Consistently play to “sold-out” audiences at local venues.
— Jade Beutler, CEO (previous), Barlean’s
“Terence is an incredible asset to our team. He holds a tremendous passion and enthusiasm for his work and it shows. As such, he goes above and beyond the call of duty in each and every instance and project he takes on. Terence does not require hand-holding or micromanagement. He takes direction extremely well, while adding value with his insight, talent skill and ability. I trust Terence to work autonomously – which enables me to do what I do best.”
— Scott North, Director Customer Services (previous), Barlean’s
“It is a pleasure to recommend Terence as a talented, reliable, responsible, creative, and effective Social Media Professional. Anyone who wishes to learn best practices for social media should look to Terence’s example. My recommendation could span page after page – but in the world of Tweets I will leave it short and sweet “Terence is the voice of Barleans.””
— Chris Schroeder, VP of Quality and Process Improvements (previous), Barlean’s
“Terence is an incredible asset to our team, trumpeting the charge for social media connections. He approaches this work with unmatched enthusiasm and has really become an expert in his field. Terence keeps his solutions on par with the demand and is always striving to listen and serve the “voice of the customer”.”
— Greg Marshall, Director of Community Education (previous), Whatcom Community College
“Terence is an up and coming expert in the field of social media. He is a natural instructor and has great experience to share in his work with Barleans. I am truly enjoying the opportunity to work with Terence and you will as well.”